39 South LaSalle
|Formerly known as||The New York Life Building|
39 South LaSalle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
|Designed by||William Le Baron Jenney|
- This building was originally 12 stores tall, but over the years two additional floors were added.
- 1898: A 13-story addition is built onto the east side of the original building.
- 1898: A 13th floor was added to the original 12-story building.
- 1903: A 14th floor was added to the building.
- July 26, 2006: This building was named a Chicago landmark.