Chicago Architecture Info
Peoria County Courthouse
Address
324 Main Street
Peoria, Illinois 61602
Basic Information
Designed by Lankton-Ziegele Terry & Associates
Type Government Building
Neighborhood: Downtown Peoria
More Information
  • 1825: Courthouse square was planned.
  • 1835: The first courthouse was built at this location.
  • 1876: The second courthouse was built at this location.
  • 1899: President McKinley dedicates the Civil War monument in the courthouse square.
  • 1962: The second courthouse was torn down.
  • 1964: The current courthouse was erected.
  • 1965: The current courthouse was dedicated by first lady Lady Bird Johnson.