Chicago Marine Safety Station
|Official name:||Chicago Marine Safety Station|
|Formerly known as||
Chicago Police Marine Unit Headquarters
Chicago Coast Guard Station
108 North Streeter Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60611
- Floor space: 12,500 square feet
- This building's architecture is especially noteworthy because it is an example of original Cape Cod architecture so seldom seen outside of New England and the Canadian Maritime provinces.
- This building was an abandoned Coast Guard station. After 9/11 it was reactivated and renovated in 2005.
- This building is used by the U.S. Coast Guard, the Illinois Department of Natural Resources and the Chicago Police.
- 1960's: The federal government sold this building to the city of Chicago for $800