30 West Monroe
|Formerly known as||The Inland Steel Building|
30 West Monroe Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
|Designed by||Skidmore, Owings & Merrill|
- Architect: Bruce Graham
- Architect: Walter Netsch
- Architecture firm: Skidmore, Owings & Merrill
- This was the first skyscraper built in Chicago's Loop after the Great Depression.
- The sculpture on display in the lobby pool is called Radiant One by Richard Lippold. It was commissioned in 1957 and was one of the first abstract sculptures on public display in The Loop.
- August, 2005: This building was sold for $44,500,000.
- November, 2007: A group led by star architects Frank Gehry and David Childs bought this building for $57,250,000.
- March, 2009: This building was added to the National Register of Historic Places.
- September, 2010: This building was named #11 on Chicago Magazine's list of the Top 40 Buildings in Chicago.