Former CBS Building
|Formerly known as||
The Chicago Arena
The Chicago Riding Club
630 North McClurg Court
Chicago, Illinois 60611
|Designed by||Rebori, Wentworth, Dewey & McCormick|
|Neighborhood:||Near North Side|
- Before being used as a broadcast facility, this building was a horse stable, and a skating rink.
- This was the location of America's first televised presidential debate.
- This was the home of WBBM, WBBM-FM, WBBM-TV, and WBBM-DT.
- This was the location of the first televised presidential debate, between John F. Kennedy and Richard Nixon.
- 1922: This building opened as the Chicago Riding Club.
- 1954: CBS purchaseed the building for use as television and radio studios.
- 1960: The first televised presidential debate was held here.
- 2006: WBBM Radio moved out of this location to a temporary location in Prudential Plaza until its new studios at 22 West Washington Street were completed.
- 2008: The WBBM Television studios moved to 22 West Washington Street.
- August 2, 2008: As part of the move of its television studios from this location to The Loop many pieces of the old studio were auctioned off to the public.
- 2009: This building was demolished.