University of Chicago Robie House
|Also known as||
Frederick C. Robie House
5757 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637
|Designed by||Frank Lloyd Wright|
East 57th Street
East 58th Street
South Woodlawn Avenue
South Kimbark Avenue
- General contractor: H.B. Barnard Company
- 1909: Construction began.
- 1910: The Robie family moved in to this house.
- 1911: This house was bought by David Lee Taylor.
- 1912: This house was bought by Marshall D. Wilber.
- 1926: This house was sold to the Chicago Theological Seminary.
- 1957: Plans were announced to demolish this home to make way for a dormitory.
- 1958: This house was bought by William Zeckendorf.
- 1963: This house was donated to the University of Chicago.
- 1971: This building was name a Chicago landmark.