Greenstone United Methodist Church
|Formerly known as||The Pullman Palace Car Company Church|
11211 South Saint Lawrence Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60628
|Designed by||Solon Spencer Beman|
East 112th Street
South Saint Lawrence Street
East 113th Street
South Champlain Avenue
- Seating capacity: 600
- Unlike many buildings in Chicago which are made of local Joliet limestone, this building's limestone came from Pennsylvania.
- This church was consecrated by Reverend Doctor James Pullman, the brother of town founder, George Pullman.
- This was intended to be a single church to serve all the denominations of Pullman, but the religious leaders could not come up with a sharing agreement. It was eventually sold to the Methodist Church in 1906.
- The Pullman Palace Car Company
- 1881: This building was consecrated.