Haberdasher Square Lofts
|Formerly known as||
Hart Schaffner & Marx Building
A.B. Dick Company Building
728 West Jackson Boulevard
Chicago, Illinois 60661
|Designed by||Alfred S. Alschuler|
West Jackson Boulevard
West Quincy Street
- Residences: 226
- Parking spaces: 250
- Floor space: 50,168 square feet
- Property size: 1.827 acres
- The top portion of this building looks different from the rest because it was originally eight stories tall. The building underwent a vertical expansion in the late 1920's.
- This property includes the adjacent building formerly at 720 West Jackson. It was once the Wurlitzer jukebox factory.
- Redeveloped into residences by Boulevard Associates.
- Redevelopment into residences designed by Pappageorge Haymes.
- Albert Blake Dick
- 1926: Construction finished.
- 1949: The A.B. Dick office supply company moved out of this building, and Hart Schaffner & Marx moved in.
- 1995: Boulevard associates applied to turn this industrial building into residences.
- 1997: Plans for turning this building into residences reduced the number of homes from 236 to 226.