|Also known as||
Marshall Field Junior House
William H. Murray House
1919 South Prairie Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60616
|Designed by||Solon S. Beman|
|Neighborhood:||Prairie Avenue District|
South Prairie Avenue
East Cullerton Street
South Calumet Avenue
East 18th Street
- William Murray
- 1883: William Murray commissioned this house.
- 1890: This house was sold to Marshall Field, Junior for $65,000.
- 1902: The Marshall Field House next door was demolished to expand the Marshall Field, Junior House.
- 1905: Marshall Field, Junior was killed.
- 1915: The house was sold to Milton B. Pine for $40,000, who turned it into a rehab center.
- 1928: The building was given to the Resthaven Home for Convalescent Women and Girls for use as a psychiatric hospital.
- 1977: The Chicago Architecture Foundation bought this house.
- 2003: Work began restoring the house.
- 2007: The house was split into six condominiums.