The Cadillac Palace Theater
|Also known as||
|Formerly known as||
New Palace Theater
RKO Palace Theater
Orpheum Theatre Chicago
151 West Randolph Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
|Designed by||Rapp and Rapp|
- Seating capacity: 2,500.
- During the Second World War the two brass chandeliers in the foyer were painted white so that no one would realize what they were made of and melt them down to help the war effort.
- The interior of this building was inspired by the palace of Versailles in France.
- 1925: Construction begins.
- October 4, 1926: This building opens to the public.
- 1931: The auditorium is converted from a performance hall to a movie theater.
- 1950's: Live performances are added to the film screenings.
- 1999: The auditorium is restored to its original function.