8 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60603
|Designed by||Samuel N. Crowen & Associates|
|Maximum height||438 feet/131 meters|
- This building is sometimes referred to as the "Willoughby Towers" when its full address of 2-8 South Michigan is used.
- 1846: The Sisters of Mercy founded Chicago's first convent at this location.
- 1980's: Two firefighters died when they fall down an elevator shaft fighting a fire in a burning elevator car.
- 1994: The building was sold for $3,150,000.