Epworth United Methodist Church
|Formerly known as||
Epworth Methodist Episcopal Church
Epworth Methodist Church
5253 North Kenmore Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60640
|Designed by||Fredercik B. Townsend|
|Maximum height||0 feet/0 meters|
- Townsend's largest known commission designed in the Richardsonian Romanesque Revival style.
- The stained glass window is attributed to Healy and Millet.
- This is one of the largest examples of Victorian stained-glass in Chicago.
- This building contains Memorial Moller pipe organ opus #5881 by Dr. William Barnes.
- 1929: Expansion work begun by architects Theilbard and Fugard
- 1930: Expansion completed.
- 2005: Issued an historical instrument certicicate by the Organ Historical Society.
- 2008: Added to the National Register of Historic Places