|Formerly known as||
JPMorgan Chase Center
Bank One Corporate Center
131 South Dearborn Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
|Designed by||DeStefano + Partners|
|Maximum height||580 feet/174 meters|
- Rentable floor space: 1,500,000 square feet
- Architecture firm of record: DeStefano and Partners
- Design consultants: Ricardo Bofill Arquitectura
- This was formerly the location of The Fair department store. That building was later purchased and became the Montgomery Ward Flagship Store.
- The department store building was torn down to make way for a 72-story skyscraper that was going to be the headquarters of Mobil Oil. It was never built.
- 1896: The Fair department store opened in this location in a building designed by William LeBaron Jenney.
- 1963: The building at this location was purchased by Montgomery Ward.
- 1984: This property was rezoned to allow the construction of a 72-story office tower that was never built.
- 1988: This property was sold by Mobil Oil for $50 million Bramalea to build a retail and office complex.
- March 17, 2003: The Chicago Tribune reports that Bank One will leave its namesake tower. When Bank One merged with JPMorgan Chase, the company pledged that this would be one of the locations for its consolidated operations. Guess not.