The Oriental Theater Building
|Official name:||The Ford Center for the Performing Arts|
|Formerly known as||
The Civic Tower Building
The United Masonic Temple
24 West Randolph Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
|Designed by||Rapp & Rapp|
|Maximum height||276 feet/83 meters|
- Length: 140 feet
- Width: 181 feet
- Developer: The United Masonic Temple Corporation
- Architect: Cornelius W. Rapp
- Architect: George L. Rapp
- This is one of many buildings in the Loop designed to be extended vertically with a tower addition.
- This building has a tunnel that runs west beneath the neighboring buildings and out to another tunnel running north and south under Dearborn Street.
- 1981: The theater was so run down that it closed to the public.
- 1996: Renovations began.
- 1998: The theater opened to the public.
- 2013: A proposal was floated to turn the office portion of this building into residences.