|Formerly known as||
Bank One Plaza
First National Bank of Chicago Building
10 South Dearborn Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
|Maximum height||850 feet/255 meters|
- Rentable square feet: 1,900,000
- Architecture firm: Perkins & Will
- Architecture firm: C.F. Murphy Associates
- The roof that protects the Chegall mosaic in this building's sunken plaza was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill. It was added in 1996
- The sunken plaza is officially named Excelon Plaza.
- Although other Chase Towers around the country changed their names to JPMorgan Chase Tower after the merger, this building retains its "Chase Tower" moniker.
- This is the tallest building inside The Loop proper, defined by the CTA elevated rail loop.
- November 17, 2004: A construction crane working on 7 South Dearborn crashed into the side of this building, knocking a hole in a window. Glass shattered inside the building, and a piece of the crane fell onto a car below, but no one was hurt.
- November 20, 2005: The illuminated "Chase" logo was added to the top of the building, and it was renamed Chase Tower.