The Sullivan Center
|Formerly known as||
Carson Pirie Scott Flagship Store
Carson Pirie Scott and Company
Schlesinger and Mayer Store
33 South State Street
Chicago, Illinois 60603
|Designed by||Louis H. Sullivan|
|Maximum height||207 feet/62 meters|
- Formerly: 1 South State Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603
- Developer: Schlesinger and Mayer Department Stores
- This building is connected by a tunnel to the CTA Red Line subway. The entrance, however, has been walled up.
- 1904: This became a Carson Pirie Scott department store.
- 1906: An addition was added to this building, designed by D.H. Burnham and Company
- 1961: An addition was added to this building, designed by Holabird and Root
- November 5, 1970: This building was named a Chicago landmark.
- August 24, 2006: Select employees were told the State Street store will close in March of 2007.
- March, 2007: This building closed. Plans were floated to redevelop it as a retail, offices, and more.
- June, 2007: This building's name officially changed to the Sullivan Center.
- September, 2010: This building was named #5 on Chicago Magazine's list of the Top 40 Buildings in Chicago.