City and County Building
|Also known as||
Chicago City Hall
The Cook County Building
121 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, Illinois 60602
|Designed by||Holabird & Roche|
- The Cook County portion of the building was erected from 1905 to 1908.
- The City portion of the building was erected from 1909 to 1910.
- The exterior columns are each 94 feet tall.
- This building replaced the old city/county building, which was erected in 1885.
- In the original plan for Chicago, this was supposed to be a public park, not a government building.